During the first year, Electrical Engineering fundamentals are taught stressing on courses of Introduction to Electrical Engineering, Programming Techniques, Circuit Theory, Circuit and Systems, Electronic Devices and Digital Electronic, besides reinforcement in Mathematics courses.
During the second year, the Electrical Engineering core modules are emphasized focusing on Electronic Circuits, Signals and Systems, Electronic Instrumentation and Measurement, Basic Power and Electric Machine, Digital Systems and Electromagnetic Field Theory.
Reinforcement on Electrical Engineering fields are intensified focus on courses of System Modeling and Analysis, Microprocessor, Communication Principle, Control System Design, Power Electronics and Drives, Power System Engineering, High Voltage Technology, and Power System Analysis in the third year.
During the final year, students will be given options to choose their specialization in one of the Electrical Engineering areas, namely, Electronic Engineering. Students are required to select five (5) courses in their chosen specialization area to expand their knowledge.
Students of the Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical) programme are expected to have the following outcomes:
1. Ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and electrical engineering to the solution of complex engineering problems.
2. Ability to conduct experiments and researches, perform analysis and interpret data for complex engineering problems.
3. Ability to identify, formulate, investigate and synthesis of information to solve complex engineering problems.
4. Ability to use appropriate techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools, instrumentation, software and hardware necessary for complex engineering practice with an understanding of their limitations.
5. Ability to design solutions for complex system, component, or process within a defined specification that meet specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
6. Ability to articulate ideas, communicate effectively, in writing and verbally, on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large.
The requirement for a professional workforce in the Electrical Engineering field increases each year. This requirement is increasing rapidly with the growth of foreign investment in Malaysia, particularly in electronics and semiconductor industries as well as manufacturing and processing industries.
Generally, graduates with the Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical) degree may find many exciting opportunities in electrical related industries. These include:
• Communication equipment and network providers (Telekom Malaysia, CELCOM, MAXIS, Media Prima, etc.)
• Computers and peripheral device manufacturers (Intel, Agilent, IBM, etc.)
• Consulting engineer firms
• Education and training institutions (Universities, Polytechnics and Colleges)
• Manufacturing of component and equipment companies (Panasonic, Flextronics, ON Semiconductor, etc.)
• Power equipment manufacturers
• Semiconductor chip designers and manufacturers (Texas Instruments, Intel, Motorola, etc.)
• Automotive manufacturer and assembly firms
• Biomedical engineering firms
• Consultation firms
留学地点：Universiti Teknologi MalaysiaLevel 1, Block S19,SKUDAI,Johor,81310, Malaysia
1.点击“在线查询”(非工作时间可以留言，注明 案例ID )